TITLE NHL 2005
DEVELOPER EA Sports
US PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
UK PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
NORDIC PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 16 Jul-2004
Official Fact Sheet:
EA SPORTS lights it up in the 13th season of world championship hockey with EA SPORTS NHL 2005. Delivering top shelf gameplay that captures the speed, finesse, and hard-hitting action of pro hockey, NHL 2005 challenges gamers of all skill levels to lace up their skates and create open ice.
New EA SPORTS Open Ice Control allows players to execute offensive plays such as Give-and-Go’s and breakaway passes or call for a defensive double team with the touch of a button. A completely overhauled skating engine captures both the explosive speed of offensive skating and the surgical precision of backwards defensive movement.
EA SPORTS Dynasty Mode? goes even deeper with a new, easier to navigate interface, and more interactive GM/owner relationships, including a deep new e-mail system.
NHL 2005 also delivers all the action of the World Cup of Hockey, with International Teams and venues from North America and Europe. In addition to all 30 NHL teams, NHL 2005 includes 39 teams from the Swedish, Finnish and German Elite Leagues, as well as 21 International teams.
- Open Ice Control: Seamlessly switch between players with or without the puck, call for passes, set up a vicious one-timer, drive the net for a deflection, or call for a defensive double team on the fly with just the push of a button.
- All-New Skating Engine: A new skating engine emphasizes gliding and accelerating, capturing the fast pace of hockey. A refined backwards skating system also allows for unprecedented defensive precision and control.
- World Cup of Hockey: NHL 2005 features all the teams, all the venues, and all the action of this year’s global tournament featuring the top eight hockey nations in the world.
- Pick up and Play Action: Fast-paced gameplay captures the pacing and flow of pro hockey, providing seasoned players with deep, nuanced gameplay, while hockey rookies are able to quickly dive in with a rewarding, easy-to-learn experience.
- Dynasty Mode?: Gamers take on the role of a GM managing every aspect of their team’s operations, from setting ticket prices to calling up a prospect from the minors. A new PDA and email system streamlines communications and adds new depth to owner/GM relations.
- Personality-Driven AI: All-new AI recreates the play styles and personalities of the biggest names in the game.
- EA SPORTS? Nation: Go online with the PlayStation?2 computer entertainment system* and compete with the best players from around the country.