TITLE Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly (AKA Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly)
US PUBLISHER Tecmo
UK PUBLISHER Ubisoft
NORDIC PUBLISHER Ubisoft
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 15 May-2003
Official Fact Sheet:
This time the terrifying journey takes the player to a whole new creepy setting, an abandoned village, where they play the role of Mio Amakura, a young girl who is gifted with a strong sixth sense. The story follows the horrifying journey of Mio and her twin sister, Mayu, as this lost village and a strange, symbolic crimson butterfly create the spooky setting for yet another frightening tale in Fatal Frame 2.
- New Setting – Brand new, wider settings in a mysterious lost village, opening up new possibilities to terrify the player.
- New Main Characters – Twins, Mio and Mayu, make their debut as the main characters. These twins provide a major theme, effecting the game’s mechanics and storyline.
- Real Time Visuals – More horrifying real time visuals to keep the player engrossed in this frightening tale.
- Unique Camera Combat System. The one-weapon combat system will be making its return in Fatal Frame 2 with the use of an antique camera to destroy your ghostly enemies. The weapon may be the same but a variety of new features have been added to update the camera making it a more powerful phantom killer than ever before.
- More Terrifying Than the First. More powerful enemies, increasingly disturbing atmospheres, and a new terrifying story all add up to a survival-horror game more horrifying then the than the first Fatal Frame.