TITLE Twisted Metal: Black
DEVELOPER Incognito Studios
US PUBLISHER SCEA
UK PUBLISHER SCEE
NORDIC PUBLISHER SCEE
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 16 Mar-2005
Official Fact Sheet:
They say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life…sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two. Prepare for the next chapter in car combat. Designed and developed by the makers of Twisted Metal and Twisted Metal 2, Twisted Metal: Black sends players on a deranged journey through a world rife with horror and desolation.
The infamous Calypso returns to host the ultimate contest of wreckage and devastation. Calypso has plucked a motley crew of contestants straight from the lunatic asylum, promising these otherwise doomed souls a chance to have one wish granted, should they emerge victorious in a deadly battle of twisted metal. As the carnage unfolds, so does the horrifying tale behind each of these tortured souls. Discover why these manic motorists were locked up. Slip into their minds, take a walk around their mental anguish, and come out screaming for more!
- Quality gameplay from the creators of the original Twisted Metal and Twisted Metal 2 games
- Best-selling car combat franchise, with 5.1 million units sold in North America
- Tons of weapons and combo attacks make for more creative kills
- More skill required than ever before–master the depth of each weapon for more strategic kills…then rejoice in victory!
- Enhanced player environments with moving traffic, changing weather, living pedestrians, and interactive objects for a highly charged, living world of destruction
- Improved vehicle physics for dramatic jump and landing physics, more exaggerated powerslides, more responsive turn rates, etc.
- 20 death-match battlegrounds (the heart and soul of Twisted Metal)
- 9 vicious battlegrounds for the single player to tear up
- 14 diabolically inventive vehicles
- Intriguing characters who define the morbid universe
- Added replay value: Pure Death Match, Endurance, and Co-op modes
Multiple camera views capture the devastation: close, mid and distant chase camera views, plus a single-player split-screen rear view to fend off attacks from behind
- 60-frames-per-second speed, including multi-player levels
- Control precision that has been perfected, with analog control on the D-pad