TITLE P.T.O. IV: Pacific Theater of Operations
US PUBLISHER KOEI
UK PUBLISHER TECMO KOEI Europe
NORDIC PUBLISHER TECMO KOEI Europe
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 01 Jan-2006
Official Fact Sheet:
The setting is 1939. The European continent is plunged into war. The globe is carved into 50 naval districts. Players must take command of Naval forces from the United States, Japan, Great Britain, or Germany. The objective is to seize control of as many districts as possible, and defend against enemy aggression. From the North Sea to Midway to Okinawa- every conquest is one step closer to victory!
- With 15 Regional Scenarios and 2 Global Campaigns, all of the situations in P.T.O IV are based on actual events from World War II. Order German Wolfpack Ops through the North Sea. Launch devastating fighter attacks on Leyte Gulf and establish supply lines to the South Pacific. Deploy Royal Navy cruisers to intercept Japanese dive-bombers off the coast of Ceylon
- P.T.O. IV empowers gamers with the authority to make history. Over 300 vessels from World War II are at a player?s disposal, including: the USS Iowa, The Bismarck, Battleship Yamato, and more. Aided by 100 of the bravest naval officers, players mastermind fleet movements and authorize strategic objectives. To further their cause, players also enlist the use of spies, disrupt trade, and can even realign nations between Axis and Allies.
- When control of a new region is achieved, players acquire its funds, oil, steel, and aluminum. After transporting these resources to the player?s homeport, they can be used to build powerful ships, subs, fighters and bombers. Players can also develop new technology and secret weapons. With P.T.O. IV players have unprecedented control of the ships they construct, from the type of engine used to the number of turrets.
- To ensure the most authentic experience, meticulous historical research went into creating the 3D models of the ships and planes that served during World War II. That same attention to detail went into the environments where those same ships would wage war. KOEI?s development team created a proprietary effects engine that can graphically reproduce sea states during different times of the day, using changing weather conditions and ocean swells. Additionally, KOEI?s new ?VR Depiction System? renders each battle in real-time 3D and allows full user camera control.
- For those who are new to the Simulation genre, KOEI has included a tutorial to guide beginners through many of the game?s aspects. Even those who are unfamiliar with simulation games will find it easy to learn. P.T.O. IV now has a ?delegate? capability to help players manage most of the internal and political affairs.