TITLE Growlanser: Heritage of War
US PUBLISHER Atlus USA
UK PUBLISHER Rising Star
NORDIC PUBLISHER Rising Star
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 08 Apr-2008
Official Fact Sheet:
On an island continent shrouded in darkness and bounded on every shore by an impassable veil, war rages among desperate inhabitants fighting for survival. A mysterious famine has ravaged the land, leaving its denizens to struggle over what little fertile land remains. There is no safe haven; land that war has left untouched is still threatened by the Screapers, fierce and powerful monsters steadily encroaching on the cities of men.
- Over 70 Hours of Gameplay! A sweeping story arc spanning 5 lengthy chapters, with additional chapters to unlock.
- A Fantasy World Comes To Life! Story unfolds through gorgeous hand-drawn animation and character portraits by artist Satoshi Urushihara.
- Strategic Party-based Combat! The action is faster and more exciting than ever as you use an advanced troop command system to give orders to your allies. Smart tactics are the key to victory!
- Manage the Ability Trees of Your Characters! Change the abilities of your characters based on the needs of the situation. As your character levels, so too do your Ability Plates!
- Discover A Magical Fairy Companion! The more time you spend training your fairy partner, the richer your interactions will be with her, and the more she can assist you on your quest. You can even enter her in the great Fairy Contest her performance as she competes with other fairies in a tournament of skills depends on how well you have prepared her!
- Cultivate Intimate Relationships With Your Allies! With the Friendship and Personality Rating System, your personality can either limit or enhance your interactions with others; the outcome of your encounters depends entirely on your behavior! Mold a protagonist as ill-tempered or good-natured as you desire. And if you’re brave enough, reveal your true feelings to a companion; if they come to feel the same way about you, you’ll be rewarded with a bonus hand-drawn character-specific ending animation that puts the icing on the cake!