TITLE EyeToy: Kinetic Combat
US PUBLISHER N/A
UK PUBLISHER SCEE
NORDIC PUBLISHER SCEE
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 12 May-2006
Official Fact Sheet:
EyeToy: Kinetic redefined the home fitness market by transforming PlayStation 2 into an interactive fitness system bringing personal fitness trainers and workout tools into the home. To ensure an unparalleled home fitness experience, the team at London Studio have applied their knowledge and skills gained from EyeToy: Kinetic to produce an even more sophisticated and refined fitness product.
Fusing the martial arts teaching of Hung Gar Kung Fu with an holistic fitness programme, Kinetic Combat is set to revolutionise the martial arts inspired home fitness market? delivering players their own personal Kung Fu trainer and sparring partners for a fully personalised one-on-one training session.
To achieve unprecedented levels of interaction, Kinetic Combat uses cutting edge Motion Matching Technology. This sophisticated technology means it?s able to track the player?s moves on screen with supreme precision. It can tell if a move is being performed correctly and gives personalised real-time feedback that is both encouraging and constructive.
Over 200 separate Hung Gar Kung Fu moves have been motion captured using a leading martial arts expert and players need to stay within the instructors outline on screen to complete exercises and learn new techniques.
As players? journey through the four martial arts inspired zones they will face a number of challenges to test their new skills. In addition to a series of games, players need to bring all the moves together in an end of zone sparring match. In this ?versus? battle players will face a virtual opponent that they need to defeat to progress to the next zone.
To provide a structured training schedule, Kinetic Combat has a Personal Trainer Mode that takes players through a 16 week programme. This programme ensures players benefit from an holistic approach that targets all the body?s muscle groups whilst giving an comprehensive aerobic and anaerobic workout and thorough grounding in Hung Gar Kung Fu.
The Freestyle Mode lets players build their own workout programme under the watchful eye of the three personal trainers whereas the Quick Play Mode lets players choose a workout at random. This mode also contains a number of one-off games that can be played competitively against friends and family.
- Personal trainers Matt and Anna return from the original Kinetic and are joined by Leon – a new martial arts specific trainer
- Journey through four themed martial arts zones:
- Dragon: A gentle introduction to Kung Fu
- Tiger: Building strength through cardiovascular fitness
- Mantis: Focusing on agility and balance
- Phoenix: Bringing all techniques together in fluid movements
- Workout like Shaolin Monks have been for centuries – with Hung Gar Kung Fu
- Undertake the unique and competitive Sparring mode
- Brand new Motion Matching Technology gives the ultimate level of personalised feedback as it tracks a player?s moves with supreme precision on screen
- Suitable for all fitness levels with tailored programmes and feedback
- Workout in a variety of beautiful environments
- An extensive soundtrack to suit your workout mood with more than 70 tracks covering the genres of breaks, house, hip hop and electro
- A comprehensive 16 week martial arts based fitness programme
- Over 25 hours of fully interactive classes