DEVELOPER Particle Systems
US PUBLISHER N/A
UK PUBLISHER N/A
NORDIC PUBLISHER N/A
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 15 Oct-2005
Official Fact Sheet:
In 2060, a new industrial revolution is changing the world. The science of robotics and AI is creating willing robotic slaves for mankind. The creators of this technology have grown into vastly wealthy corporations. The companies demonstrate their new technology in V-War. Televised, techno violent spectacles, where the competition is intense, the ratings astronomical and the combatants power-suited superstars.
In New Hong-Kong, home of the Dester-Tanaka Corporation, an act of cyber-terrorism plunges the sprawling metropolis into chaos. Robotic systems are subverted and the machines go crazy. US government officials and Dester-Tanaka board members are taken hostage and the city evacuated of all other human life. The terrorists demand a huge ransom with a 48-hour deadline.
The CIA, NSA, and the vast Dester-Tanaka Corporation are compelled to act. Their only hope is the current V-War league champions ? Dester-Tanaka?s very own Tanx, who have been trapped within the city perimeter, and Yolanda Jackson, the smart young NSA cyber crime expert, who detected the original attack?
- Guide the Dester-Tanaka Tanx to victory over the robots controlling the city of New Hong Kong
- Use the elegant control interface to simultaneously move, shoot, and issue orders to your intelligent team mates
- Participate in tactical combat in 18 diverse indoor and outdoor locations
- Fight against 14 distinct enemy types with multiple variations each demonstrating advanced artificial intelligence and learning
- Watch as the story pans out across the whole game with cinematic cutscenes and 12 intelligent, individual team members with their own hopes, fears, and motivations
- Witness as physics based character animation and a new photometric graphic engine show unparalleled levels of realism of characters and their surroundings