TITLE ESPN Major League Baseball 2K5
DEVELOPER Visual Concepts
US PUBLISHER 2K Games
UK PUBLISHER N/A
NORDIC PUBLISHER N/A
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 08 Feb-2005
Official Fact Sheet:
Not enhanced, not adjusted, not tweaked, and not updated. ESPN Major League Baseball 2K5 is ALL NEW and sets the standard for baseball video games. Dominate the diamond with innovative pitching and batting controls, all-new Maximum Fielding? and On Command baserunning featuring active picture in picture display, quick select controls and a plethora of slide options. Indulge in the true MLB atmosphere as a brand new graphics engine brings stadiums, player models, animations, weather effects and cut-scenes to life in breathtaking detail. With an exclusive ESPN presentation system featuring expert commentary from Jon Miller, Joe Morgan and Karl Ravech in-studio, ESPN Major League Baseball 2K5 is your ticket to the Big Leagues.
- On Command? Baserunning – Own the basepaths by taking complete control of any baserunner with active picture-in-picture baserunning and utilize Maximum Sliding? to hit the dirt utilizing multiple slide types with the flip of your right analog stick.
- Maximum Fielding? – Intuitive right analog stick controls make big defensive plays a reality with all new diving catches, sliding catches, wall climbs, robbed homers, and bang-bang double plays.
- K Zone? Pitching – On the mound, K Zone? Pitching flawlessly captures the true essence of baseball with unmatched control over pitch accuracy and pitch velocity while a new batting interface allows for control of swing location and swing type.
- Best Franchise in the Business – Dive into the nuts and bolts of franchise management as you scout and track minor league talent, take on GM Mode and even compete multi-player as the best franchise mode in the business gives you all the options you need to create a big league powerhouse.
- Presented by ESPN – New broadcast camera angles, chase cam, GameCast Live, and commentary featuring Jon Miller and Hall of Fame legend Joe Morgan dissecting the action with Karl Ravech delivering the in-studio analysis, all in the style of “The Worldwide Leader in Sports.”
- The Skybox – Choose from multiple skybox layouts each with their own Hall of Fame wing, and deck them out with your favorite in-game action shots as you earn tokens to unlock classic teams, mini games, stadiums and more.
- Your Game, Your Music – Just as the players select the songs that play as they stride to the plate, now you can customize the sounds of the game with your Xbox? by using your own downloaded music to add some true stadium atmosphere.