TITLE Virtual-On Marz
US PUBLISHER SEGA of America
UK PUBLISHER N/A
NORDIC PUBLISHER N/A
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 12 May-2003
Official Fact Sheet:
Mech combat meets street brawling in a lightning-fast weapon-intensive arena-based Battle Royal. As a member of ?Marz,? a Robotic Special Forces unit, players are thrust into the pilot?s seat of a giant mech known as a Virtuaroid (VR), an immensely capable machine built specifically for combat. Blasting through a variety of missions on various planets, players will set out to defeat enemy VRs, locate new areas, attack enemy locations and convoys, defend allied bases, and fight alongside other VRs in explosive 2-on-2 battles.
Along the way, rival characters will appear, gigantic boss enemies will attack, and headquarters continuously keep gamers updated on their position through 2-way communications. With strategy and skill, gamers will ultimately discover the true identity of the mysterious enemy forces that have infiltrated Mars and wreaked havoc on the solar system.
- Challenge Mode, Dramatic Mode, and 2-player Versus Mode
- A variety of computer-assisted control interfaces allow total beginners to jump into the fray and compete at the highest level
- For ?Virtual On? experts, a new ?Virtual twin stick? setting enables the analog thumbsticks to be used just like the famous arcade unit ?twin sticks?
- Exciting and varied missions include assisted combat, boss battles, exploration, destruction of placement turrets, and more
- Character Roster includes more than 40 playable characters
- Unlockable content includes secret characters, concept art, and additional Virtuaroid color schemes