TITLE Test Drive Unlimited
DEVELOPER Melbourne House
US PUBLISHER Atari
UK PUBLISHER Namco Bandai Partners (Atari)
NORDIC PUBLISHER Namco Bandai Partners (Atari)
ONLINE PLAY Yes
SCREENS ADDED: 28 Feb-2007
Official Fact Sheet:
Live the dream car lifestyle with the most unique and innovative on and offline racing gameplay on the biggest network of roads ever realised on PlayStation 2, fully streaming with no loading times. With the ability for thousands to play online simultaneously, gamers take part 8 player races or go for a drive on over 1000 miles of diverse Hawaiian roads, passing by any number of other players on the way.
Visit exclusive dealerships to purchase new cars or simply take them for a spin. Collect and trade rare performance parts and customize each car to make it one-of-a-kind. Winning races, challenges, missions and tournaments earns credits which can be used to purchase new cars, rare performance parts, clothes, apparel, homes and garages. Test Drive Unlimited is racing reinvented.
- Packed with unique innovations: 1500km2 of painstakingly rendered Hawaiian island, 1600km of diverse open roads, Test Drive Unlimited for PS2 delivers a fully streaming racing experience with no loading times;
- A wealth of licensed cars from 30 exclusive manufacturers including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Saleen, Shelby, and Jaguar;
- Ultra Realistic cars : Amazing render quality and unrivalled interior details;
- Personalization: Upgrade each car with options from the actual manufacturers? catalogue. Players buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade cars with aftermarket parts;
- Create challenges or races from more than 30 game rules and settings. Upload your created challenges online to become part of the player community;
- Quick Race: instant-play mode allowing busy players to generate a limitless number of challenges (exclusive to PSP and PlayStation?2 versions)
- Master Points system ? earn points for racing, driving, air time, drifting, or winning races, then use the points to unlock new races and progress through the game.