TITLE Star Wars: The Clone Wars
DEVELOPER Pandemic Studios
US PUBLISHER Lucasarts
UK PUBLISHER Lucasarts
NORDIC PUBLISHER Lucasarts
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 26 Aug-2002
Official Fact Sheet:
Star Wars: The Clone Wars immerses players into the role of Jedi hero to lead a clone army from the Republic against the menacing offensive threat of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Under the leadership of the insidious Count Dooku, countless armies of Confederacy droids have swarmed every star system, sowing chaos and destruction across Republic worlds. To combat this threat the Republic has deployed a massive army of clones, led by one of three player-controlled Jedi: Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi or Mace Windu. Their goal is to thwart the Confederacy from reassembling an ancient Sith weapon of mass destruction. That mandate places the fate of the Republic in the hands of players, who must command their forces through 16 dramatic campaigns spanning six immense Star Wars worlds, from the desolate, ice-covered ruins of Rhen Var and war-torn plains of Geonosis, to the towering treetop cities of the Wookiee home planet of Kashyyyk.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars features innovative and well-detailed single and multiplayer campaigns coupled with a unique blend of non-stop action. The game will incorporate popular characters and various familiar vehicles and settings from Star Wars: Episode II. While the game’s primary focus is on high-intensity engagement, defined combat roles for each vehicle will add a distinctive dimension. Upon meeting certain objectives, players can change vehicles during battle and pilot an array of units from the arsenal of the Republic, including a speeder bike, AT-SX assault walker, fighter tank, and Republic gunship. In all, players engage more than 30 unique combat units.
- Take over where Episode II ends during the epic Clone Wars.
- Undertake missions ranging from intense close combat engagements to enormous large-scale battles.
- Pilot over five unique craft (Republic gunship, speeder bike, fighter tank, assault walker and even a maru) against 30 combat units.
- Play four entirely different multiplayer modes: team-based strategy, deathmatch, king-of-the-hill, and co-op endurance.
- Engage in 16 single-player missions on six expansive worlds.