TITLE Romancing Saga
DEVELOPER Square Enix
US PUBLISHER Square Enix
UK PUBLISHER N/A
NORDIC PUBLISHER N/A
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 18 May-2005
Official Fact Sheet:
A thousand years ago, Saruin was imprisoned. Now the barriers that contain him are weakening, and his foreboding shadow threatens to swallow the world of Mardias once again. Who will rid the world of Saruin’s scourge? A mysterious minstrel appears and guides the group to adventure, at times shielding them from adversity. Occasionally, the minstrel forces grave choices upon them, which change their world and twist the plots they encounter.
Romancing SaGa reclaims the renowned features of the series and boasts all new elements enhancing gameplay, bringing the player even deeper into the story. The free-roaming scenario system gives gamers a choice of eight intriguing playable characters, each with their own unique adventures and individual goals. Depending on the character and actions chosen, the plot and the subsequent events differentiate dramatically. This free-roaming scenario system promises the ultimate in open-ended adventure.
- Romancing SaGa, the latest in the legendary SaGa series, introduces a host of all-new game play elements and the most expansive story yet.
- A thousand years ago Saruin was imprisoned. Now the barriers are weakening, and his foreboding shadow threatens to swallow the world of Mardias once again. Who will rid the world of Saruin’s scourge? The player must decide.
- Occupying a prominent place in the story, the mysterious minstrel sometimes guides the party to adventure, and at other times shields them from shadow. And occasionally he forces upon them grave choices.
- Minstrel Song brings back the free-roaming scenario system, allowing for the ultimate in open-ended adventuring. Choosing between eight playable characters, a variety of plots develop, with each action the player takes affecting the world of Mardias.
- The character and background design is rendered with vivid 3D graphics, making the magnificent realm of Mardias a truly enjoyable place to explore. Events and side quests come alive as still images morph dramatically into cut scenes and mini-movies with the use of “sketch motion.” This combination of technology and creative vision comes together to produce a world of wonder, filled with charming characters and inviting vistas.