TITLE Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
US PUBLISHER Capcom
UK PUBLISHER Capcom
NORDIC PUBLISHER Capcom
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 09 Feb-2006
Official Fact Sheet:
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams begins approximately 15 years following the annihilation of the infamous Japanese warlord Oda Nobunaga at Honno Temple. Another dark shadow now looms over Japan as Nobunaga’s successor, Hideyoshi Toyotomi, has decided to align himself with the evil Genma forces. Assume the role of Soki, a young warrior who possesses incredible power, along with several other cohorts to try and thwart Hideyoshi’s pursuit for power.
With unbelievably detailed graphics and expansive environments that exceeds its predecessor; Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams includes major enhancements to the franchise such as new character interactions and evolved cooperative gameplay elements. With a brand new game system, players can choose a fellow warrior to assist Soki in battle at any given time. Watch as the pair combine their power to perform ultimate attack moves to eliminate enemies. Furthermore, gamers can order his or her ally to wait, attack or act on the defensive. Players can also rapidly change between the two onscreen characters, allowing them to control the partner he or she had escorted into battle, relegating the main hero to ally status. This new system takes advantage of each character’s skill and adds a new dimension to the gameplay.
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams possesses a compelling cast of warriors, each with their own unique abilities, attacks and storyline including: Soki, with his broadsword, is viewed amongst the Oni as the world’s last hope against the Genma and whose power could potentially be humanity’s greatest threat; Akane can unleash the power of her Oni Eye that gives her various special abilities. Her mastery of the martial arts grants extra mobility to wield her sword with speed and grace.
- An all new Onimusha experience – An epic action RPG that includes major enhancements to the franchise such as new characters, character interactions and evolved cooperative gameplay elements.
- New gameplay system – Implementation of a new fighting system allows for the control of various characters throughout the game. Each playable character has unique abilities and storyline.
- New ‘Allies System’ – Players can switch between the main character and partner in real-time, anytime. Give commands to your ally: tell them to wait, follow, attack, defend, etc.
- All new compelling storyline – Players new to the series need not have played the previous instalments in order to enjoy the story. The story picks up with Nobunaga’s successor, Hideyoshi Toyotomi, as he aligns himself with the insidious Genma forces.
- Most expansive environments in the series – The scale of environments has been multiplied in order to accommodate a more open ended gameplay experience.
- Continued Artistic Excellence in the Onimusha Series – Building upon the series tradition of delivering an amazing visual experience, Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams realizes unbelievably meticulous graphics that span over a multitude of diverse stages. Traditional Japanese landscape and architecture are recreated in rich detail.