TITLE Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie’s Revenge
US PUBLISHER Disney Interactive Studios
UK PUBLISHER Capcom
NORDIC PUBLISHER Capcom
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 20 May-2005
Official Fact Sheet:
Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas movie was the first feature-length stop motion animated film ever created. Using this method, still pictures of the puppets were shot frame by frame and played at film speed to produce fascinating, unique characters that moved smoothly and naturally on screen. The result of Tim Burton’s visionary genius was a breathtaking world with amazing, unforgettable characters.
Capcom and Buena Vista Interactive, along with the movie’s creative talent, are collaborating to bring a whole new experience to the imaginative world Tim Burton. Fans and gamers will enjoy an unsurpassed interactive experience that is true to the spirit of the property. The game incorporates faithful depictions of the original characters, beautifully rendered visuals, fun exploration and engaging gameplay elements to provide an exciting experience for players.
Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie’s Revenge is an action adventure game where players assume the role of “Jack Skellington” the Pumpkin King of Halloween Town, who must help reclaim the town from the mischievous Oogie Boogie and his henchmen. Jack has a variety of attack options including the use of his trusty “rubber soul” and real-time costume changes.
- Continues the beloved story of Jack Skellington, Oogie Boogie and other familiar favorites in a whole new adventure
- Faithful depictions of environments and characters
- Expanded areas of Halloween Town inspired by the original movie
- Returning cast members include speaking voices of Jack Skellington, Oogie Boogie, The Mayor and more
- Inventive and versatile “rubber soul” weapon – A rubbery green shape-shifting creature that has attached itself to Jack’s arm. Transforms, stretches, shrinks and sticks to a variety of objects. Allows Jack to fend off attacking enemies. Grabs distant items as weapons to throw at enemies. Latches onto high places that Jack may not have been able to reach otherwise.
- Special real-time costume change attacks – Special feature allows Jack to become Santa Jack or The Pumpkin King. Santa Jack can throw surprise Halloween presents to stun the enemy and also summon a snowman to freeze the enemy; then switch back to normal and finish them off with the rubber soul. Just as in the movie, The Pumpkin King allows Jack to blast out flames and unleash a devastating fire attack upon enemies
Music-Based Battles – A special attack mode based on song selections. Build up Jack’s power meter by matching buttons which appear on screen as the music plays. Successfully corresponding Jack with the music will allow him to blast an attack at the enemy