TITLE NHL FaceOff 2003
DEVELOPER 989 Sports
US PUBLISHER SCEA
UK PUBLISHER N/A
NORDIC PUBLISHER N/A
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 01 May-2006
Official Fact Sheet:
The fast, furious hockey action that has made 989 Sports’ NHL FaceOff franchise a hockey heavyweight returns loaded with all the thunderous checks and precision passing and an even more savvy computer when NHL FaceOff 2003 hits the ice for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system on October 15. The NHL FaceOff franchise has long been known for delivering a hockey game that is a realistic hockey simulation featuring fast gameplay combined with tight, intuitive play controls, and NHL FaceOff 2003 is once again up to the challenge and further pushes these boundaries.
A new revolutionary Career Mode allows gamers in NHL FaceOff 2003 for the first time ever to live the life of a General Manager and build their team from scratch. Gamers must strategically draft players as well as keep their eyes tuned to the free agent market. Recognizing hockey talent and knowing when to make a trade will determine success or failure.
All 30 NHL arenas have been recreated in lifelike detail down to the championship banners hanging from the rafters. New Jersey Devils announcer Mike Emrick and hockey analyst Darren Pang return to call all the hockey action in NHL FaceOff 2003.
- All 30 NHL Teams are included with updated player rosters reflecting the latest off-season trades and signings.
- New Player Models are included with player faces mapped to real life detail so that every player in the game looks exactly like the real life counterpart
- Arenas Recreated in remarkable detail including championship banners hanging from the rafters as well as trademark fans for the most fervent hockey cities.
- New Career Mode lets gamers assume the role of General Manager and build a team from scratch while dealing with free agents, retiring players, trades, and rookies.
- Multiple Play Modes let gamers compete in a single game exhibition or a grueling 82 game season. Skate in a 16-team single elimination Tournament mode as either a NHL or international team. Practice your passing, shooting, and skating skills in the practice mode. For quick, electrifying action, FaceOff in the ShootOut mode where it is one-on-one between the shooter and the goalie..
- Real NHL Announcers Mike Emrick from the New Jersey Devils and ESPN’s Darren Pang call the frantic, fast paced NHL action.
- Official NHL Awards allow gamers to bring home more than 15 NHL awards including the Hart Memorial, Art Ross, Vezina, Conn Smyth, Presidents and the ultimate prize of the highly coveted Stanley Cup.
- Addictive Gameplay features unmatched fast, fluid NHL action loaded with plenty of big checks, slap shots and stick saves. More than 1,000 new skater and goaltender animations combined with the classic FaceOff gameplay will once again deliver the best playing hockey videogame.
- New TV-Style Presentation delivers a new level of emotion and intensity never seen before in the FaceOff franchise. Pre-game warm-ups, walks through the tunnel, players pushing and shoving between whistles, banter from the penalty box, post game celebrations, and much more are all part of NHL FaceOff 2003.
- NHL and NHLPA Licensed Product so all the NHL action is truly authentic.