DEVELOPER VIS Entertainment
US PUBLISHER Midway
UK PUBLISHER Midway
NORDIC PUBLISHER Midway
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 24 Apr-2007
Official Fact Sheet:
NARC is an in-depth, third-person action/shooter videogame set against a stylized modern-day backdrop of the War on Drugs. Playing as dual characters, Hitman and Max Force, in the elite NARC squad the player must rid the world of the powerful international K.R.A.K. drug cartel. Find them, bust them and/or kill them to bring justice to the action-packed, crime-ridden streets. In NARC, players have an arsenal of weapons to use as well as down-and-dirty hand-to-hand fighting skills.
- Nonstop, action-packed drug-busting mayhem. As Hitman and Max Force (the storyline drives which one you control in each level), you must rid the world of the K.R.A.K. organization’s drug-infested corruption.
- Busting Criminals. Unique to NARC, busting criminals is the best way to increase your score and is critical to solving mission objectives.
- Combat with Firearms. Being a cop in streets riddled with crime, you’re appropriately loaded with powerful weapons including revolvers, a 100-shot submachine pistol, assault rifles, shotguns, grenade launchers, rocket launchers and a flamethrower. Fire on the criminals in standard third-person perspective or use a zoomed-in 3rd person view for a perfect “limb” shot! Bats, crowbars, knives, axes and other street weapons are also available.
- Unarmed Combat. An intuitive and fun combat system will allow you to take out the garbage without weapons. It is a rough, authentic street-fighting style with big wild punches, head-butts, knee-strikes, grappling and throwing.
- Ambient Crime. The world of NARC is extremely violent and crime-ridden with drug deals, vandalism, bag-snatching and car theft. These crimes are not related to your mission, but can help you earn additional respect if stopped.
- Worldwide “drug” locals. NARC’s plot takes the player on an action adventure around the globe in pursuit of the evil drug baron, Mr. Big. Your hunt begins in the USA and continues through South America, Hong Kong, Eastern Europe and ultimately, Mr. Big’s private island.
- Stylized look. NARC captures the urban grittiness of reality while infusing it with an ultra-cool, hip attitude and style of the drug street culture.
- Comprehensive, licensed “street” soundtrack. Tunes from the ’60s, ’70s, ’80s, ’90s and today reflect the grittiness and toughness of the drug-infested cities of NARC.
- Arcade Heritage. Inspired by the Midway arcade hit released in 1988, NARC brings back Max Force and Hitman to battle the evil K.R.A.K. organization.