TITLE Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future
DEVELOPER Appaloosa Interactive
US PUBLISHER Acclaim
UK PUBLISHER SCEE
NORDIC PUBLISHER SCEE
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 17 Mar-2005
Official Fact Sheet:
When an evil force threatens to destroy the Earth, it’s up Ecco the Dolphin to save the future! Everyone’s favorite mammal makes his PlayStation?2 computer entertainment system debut in Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future, an all-new aquatic adventure of epic proportions! In order to save the planet and win back his future, Ecco must travel through mysterious and breathtaking underwater worlds filled with puzzles, friends, foes and danger while in search of the stolen dolphin-power that he must recover from the far reaches of time and space. The future of the Earth now rests on the fins of this friendly dolphin in the underwater gaming experience of a lifetime!
- Sega’s wildly successful brand makes its PlayStation?2 debut with fully optimized graphics and gameplay.
- Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future was named “Best Adventure Game” of E3 2000.
- All new and’ improved PlayStation?2-exclusive control scheme and in-game radar feature make for the smoothest Ecco yet.
- Award-winning author David Brin brings a new dimension to the Ecco plot with a science fiction storyline.
- British composer Tim Follin provides a masterful soundtrack of ambient, mystical music.
- 34 meticulously detailed underwater worlds, each with unique themes and puzzles.
- Stunningly rendered ocean environments, adapted from countless video and photograph resources.
- Realistic underwater sea life from friendly turtles and whales to menacing sharks and stinging jellyfish.
- Cutting edge enemy AI keeps gameplay fresh and exciting.
- View Ecco from several different camera angles: trailer, remote, above water and side/backward.