TITLE Drome Racers
DEVELOPER Attention to Detail
US PUBLISHER Lego Media
UK PUBLISHER Lego Media
NORDIC PUBLISHER Lego Media
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 10 Apr-2006
Official Fact Sheet:
Drome Racers is a multi-terrain racing experience that will leave young speedsters breathless. Players take on the role of Max Axel who has trained intensely for the challenging Drome Championship and wants to take home the trophy.
Getting behind the wheel of high-tech cars based on the 2002 LEGO? Racers construction toy range, players must face tough Multi-Challenge Races (MCR’s). Each race is a seamless set of stages, mixing tracks with realistically stunning city, mountain and canyon environments.
Unlike its predecessors, Drome Racers is a fast-paced “anything goes” game that will appeal to all ages and abilities with its varied, realistic terrains; sleek, LEGO Technic style cars; and road, off-road or drag racing.
- Multi-Challenge Races — a series of stages of all-terrain tracks set in incredibly detailed environments, including city, mountain and canyon.
- Eighteen playable cars based on the 2002 LEGO Racers construction toy range geared to 8 — 12 year olds. Cars are built to closely reflect models from each racing discipline of dragster, on- and off-road.
- Three modes of play including Arcade for instant play, Time Trial which allows players to race against the clock to beat.
- Their own lap time, or Career for story-based, multi-challenge racing league.
- Single- and multi-player capabilities; the latter supports up to four players on console platforms.
- Car customization allows players to select, adapt and fine-tune their vehicles based on the terrain. Place in the top three finishers and earn upgrades on the engine, tires, turbo, aerodynamics and more.
- Compete in three of the top forms of world-class motor racing: the Formula 1 style ‘Road’, the intense ‘Dragster’, or the tough-nut ‘Off-Road’
- Multiple “pick-ups” to help get players to the victory podium. Some of the pick-ups include: “shield” which can be used to avoid challengers or a “speed boost” to grab that checkered flag.
- Rivals can also be delayed with the help of mines or hatchets.