TITLE Def Jam Vendetta
US PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
UK PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
NORDIC PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 27 Jan-2003
Official Fact Sheet:
Def Jam VENDETTA will also feature four match types including Single Match so you can play 1-on-1 against the computer or a friend; Tag Team play in which you and a partner can go against another two-person team; Free For All where you can jump in the ring with up to four players with no holds barred, no allies and no mercy; and Handicap where you can prove your skill by taking on two or three opponents at once.
Def Jam VENDETTA marks the first interactive entertainment title from EA and Def Jam Records, and will fully integrate a powerhouse roster of Def Jam artists into the storyline, including new hit songs from the artists, as well as classic Def Jam tracks. Each artist has contributed one original introduction and victory sequence incorporating their own voice and motion. Artists participating in the game include DMX, Ludacris, Method Man, Redman, NORE, Scarface, Ghostface Killah, Capone, Keith Murray and WC. The game also features Def Jam songstress Christina Milian and the world famous DJ Funkmaster Flex.
Developed by renowned AKI Corporation and the award-winning EA Canada creative team responsible for NBA STREET, Def Jam VENDETTA takes two cutting-edge interactive gaming teams and ties it all together with creative input from the most sought after hip hop lifestyle company of all time, Def Jam.
- Unique, original storyline that compliments gameplay action – the plot thickens through the circuit.
- Over 45 characters, including 12 Def Jam artists: DMX, Ludacris, Method Man, Redman, NORE, Scarface, Ghostface Killah, Capone, Keith Murray and WC. Also featuring Christina Milian and Funkmaster Flex.
- More than 10 highly detailed underground worlds, built straight from the mean streets: places like DMX’s Junkyard and Scarface’s Speakeasy.
- Continuous play with over 1,500 unique moves including a variety of fighting techniques (reverse kicks, punches, martial arts swings, choke holds, elbow blocks, knee bunts, etc.) and hyper realistic EA SPORTS BIG-style moves that are dynamic with realistic finesse and style.
- Dozens of signature special moves and player taunts. All moves referenced directly from each Def Jam artist.
- Unique momentum and health system that will change based on the player status (i.e. players doing well will “feel” their strength increase / evolve into a blazin’ special move; and players that are getting beat will see their health impact their moves, eventually becoming slower and weaker).
Two original intro/victory sequences per Def Jam artist.
- The hottest beats from the streets: new hit songs from Def Jam Records.
Three game modes: Battle, Story and Survival.
- Four match types: Single, Tag Team, Free For All and Handicap.
- Sound design by DaneTracks (The Matrix, 8 Mile).