TITLE Celebrity Deathmatch
DEVELOPER Big Ape
US PUBLISHER Gotham Games
UK PUBLISHER Take 2
NORDIC PUBLISHER Take 2
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 16 May-2003
Official Fact Sheet:
MTV?s “Celebrity Deathmatch” lampooned popular sports and event coverage and featured all the pre-game and post-game activities of fights, such as one-on-one interviews, press conferences and hilarious moments in the locker room. The first “Celebrity Deathmatch” premiered in a fall 1997 episode of “Cartoon Sushi,” MTV?s animated variety series. The singular bout was a fantasy fight between Charles Manson and Marilyn Manson who competed for the title of “Most Evil Man in America.” MTV went on to debut a Super Bowl Half-Time special, “Celebrity Deathmatch Deathbowl ?98,” featuring fantasy slugfests with Howard Stern vs. Kathie Lee Gifford, Pamela Anderson Lee vs. RuPaul and Hanson vs. The Spice Girls.
- Characters take damage throughout fights and appear bruised, bloody, dented, deformed, or hacked apart.
- Original Show hosts Nick Diamond and Johnny Gomez provide color commentary while ref Mills Lane calls the shots.
- Each celebrity has their own unique moves suited to their personas. Special death moves allow players to finish off their opponents with an unbelievable dose of carnage.
- Create-A-Celebrity allows players to make their own victim of fame.
- A plethora of arenas, modes, characters, challenges, and unlockables keep the slaughter new and fresh time after time.