TITLE Virtua Quest
US PUBLISHER SEGA of America
UK PUBLISHER N/A
NORDIC PUBLISHER N/A
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 12 May-2004
Official Fact Sheet:
The player assumes the identity of a young boy named Sei (pronounced “Say”). As the player explores each stage, he/she will discover “Virtua Souls” ? data clusters that contain information about the martial arts abilities of the legendary Virtua Fighter characters. These clusters give the player the ability to easily perform complex fighting moves. As the game’s story progresses, Sei discovers that only he can unlock the potential of the Virtua Souls, and he subsequently gains the attention of an evil syndicate known as Judgment 6.
Judgment 6, in a mad bid for power, pursues Sei, attempting to force upon him its dirty work in hopes of bringing down the infrastructure of a vast virtual world. If it succeeds, the arbiters of justice and power in the real world will come crumbling down, and anarchy will reign. Sei’s inner strength is put to the test as he fights to keep this from happening.
- More than 45 special fighting moves to acquire from “Virtua Souls” giving players the ability to easily perform complex fighting moves
- Special “Energy Wire” to pull players from point to point as well as grab onto enemies to chain deadly attack moves together
- Collect data chips, then trade them in to power-up your character
- “Treasure” items are hidden for players to discover as part of their quest
- Traditional RPG elements including cinematic sequences, health points and experience levels