TITLE Virtua Fighter 4
US PUBLISHER SEGA of America
UK PUBLISHER SCEE
NORDIC PUBLISHER SCEE
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 14 Mar-2005
Official Fact Sheet:
The series that ignited the 3D fighting genre has returned to dish out more punishment. From the renowned team at SEGA-AM2, led by Virtua Fighter and Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki, comes Virtua Fighter 4 for the PlayStation? 2 computer entertainment system. This new version of the definitive hand-to-hand martial arts sim features fully-optimized graphics designed to harness the power of the PlayStation 2. But it?s not just about looks, and VF4 delivers an extremely deep fighting system, highly-tuned AI, and two new characters hungry for their place at the top. If you are new to the Virtua Fighter series, the in-depth training system will teach you the art of combat, move-by-move. Rewards await those who master every move, and you can expect to unlock a few secret techniques along the way. The series that started it all is back, and ready to stand triumphant again on the PlayStation 2.
- Two new characters (Lei Fei and Vanessa Lewis) join 11 VF veterans for a grand total of 13 fighters, each with their own unique styles based on real martial arts.
- New counters and defensive moves allow players to switch up their stances and fighting styles mid-bout.
- High-polygon character models, exquisite detail, and brilliant light-sourcing combine to create breathtaking visuals.
- Coach your own AI character — train a computer-controlled character through sparring and an easy-to-use rewards system, then pit your character against a friend?s or challenge the arcade mode.
- A new accessory system allows you to customize your character?s clothing, sunglasses, hairstyles, and more.
- Unlock special items that let you to learn devastating new moves.